"Have I wasted the listing fee, I wonder?"

Do you live at 5 Toothill Avenue Brighouse HD6 3SA?

Does anyone?

If so, this is the auction for you!

“Address Embossing Seal: 5 Toothill Avenue Brighouse HD6 3SA, Tel Brighouse 2859″

“This is a very selective listing!”

You’re not kidding.

“I guess the only buyers are likely to be the residents at 5 Toothill Avenue or their friends!”

Or anyone wishing to pretend they live there for some reason.
Does living at the centre of the Leeds/Rochdale/Barnsley triangle hold a particular cachet I am unaware of?
Is it likely to help you attain membership to the nearby prestigious Rastrick Bowling Club?
Or does it just scare the bejesus out of local kids, having a garden that looks like it could be harbouring Stig of the dump?
I just know that if it does sell to anyone at that address, I wouldn’t want to be the postman or courier who has to try to deliver it there, unless I had a machete.
In which case, I suppose this might come in handy.
View Auction

15 Comments

• Feral Techie
    February 23, 2012 - 11:26 am | Permalink

I would say “Have you tried going round there and asking?”, but all the Cowbridges I can find seem to be in South Wales. Which kind of raises the question of how it got there.
    Your images are coming up “not found” for me.

• February 23, 2012 - 11:36 am | Permalink

Rather annoyingly they are for me too, having to reupload now for some strange reason.

• anonymous[1]
    February 24, 2012 - 12:02 am | Permalink

I’ll keep my eyes open for any “lob-worthy” ads to forward on to you. The only one that comes to mind recently was a local Craigslist ad for a free hand of slightly overripe bananas, with the typical Craigslist photo. But the ad disappeared before I could get a screen shot of it.
    I thought of sending along some shots of an unusual pair of batteries that I’d submitted to Idiot Toys shortly before Gary went off the grid. But I’m not sure you’ve sunk to that level quite yet.
    And now I’m going to treat myself by opening up a package of McVitie’s Hobnobs, a rare and exotic delicasy here in the midwestern United States. It says on the sleeve that they’re a “nobbly oaty biscuit”. But all I know is that them boys is tasty!

• February 24, 2012 - 12:18 pm | Permalink

You should try the chocolate Hobnobs, they’ll blow your mind.

• phorenzik
    February 24, 2012 - 12:57 pm | Permalink

I was saying to the missus, just the other day, that the chocolate Hob Nob is the king of the biscuit.
    She pretended not to hear me like she mostly does, but my terrible attention defecit disorder soon put paid to that when I FORCED HER TO AGREE.
    But, this begs the question, what’s the worst biscuit?
    Those new Quirks are a bit shit.
    Who would’ve thought the comments for this post would turn into biscuit reviews?

• Morgan
    February 24, 2012 - 4:26 pm | Permalink

Does anyone remember ‘gypsy creams’ ? I dont know who made them or anything but my missus refuses to believe they existed. They did. And they were bloody nice. Or at least they were when I was 10. Biscuits rock – although I usually just end up with a rich tea these days. They feel less threatning somehow.

• anonymous[1]
    February 25, 2012 - 2:30 am | Permalink

Mind, BLOWN! These are the “Milk Choc” Hobnobs with a thin layer of chocolate on one side. The top side, I think, or am I eating them upside down? Didn’t know there were other versions out there. You’re not talking about one where the cookie/biscuit part is chocolate too, are you? Not only would that blow my mind, it would probably also give me a chocolate headache.
    I’m having to ration the few I have left. I found only a couple packages just by sheer luck at a little discount grocery store that sells overstock, distressed and short-dated items. Come to think of it, some of their groceries are a “bit broken”. I’ll bring my camera with me next time. They also had a couple cans of Treacle and Spotted Dick. The only problem is that I don’t know just what the hell to do with Treacle and I’d be too embarrassed to go to the cashier with something called Spotted Dick.

• Feral Techie
    February 25, 2012 - 10:24 am | Permalink

No, you’re not eating them upside down, but you should be.

• February 26, 2012 - 11:38 pm | Permalink

Oh, for…
    Someone over on Nice cup of tea and a sit down is no doubt starting a discussion about some piece of tat they’ve bought/sold on ebay.
    If my memory serves me correctly, hobnobs come in plain un-chocolated variety (Serviceable and quite exciting before chocolated varieties were made) Milk choc, plain/dark choc, convenient bar format and possibly some form of cream-sandwich variety made of 2 slightly smaller biscuits and a nondescript cream filling. Although I’m now unsure whether they’re still available or even existed in the first place and that I may have just dreamt them. I’ve not researched this biscuit thing, I normally just shove them in my gob whole, I’m woefully out of my depth.
    However; This is a very good hobnob recipe which fortunately saves you having to search the internet for the phrase “Twink’s hobnob”, something that may bring up somewhat unexpected results. They don’t last long though, you may want to set up some sort of industrialized rolling production line.

• anonymous[1]
    February 28, 2012 - 2:12 am | Permalink

Sorry for the distraction. I’ll try to drag things back on topic. Now about that address stamping device. Maybe it could be refitted and used for some other purpose. Oh, I know! You could make a batch of that Hobnob recipe you linked to and use this press thing to make perfectly formed cookies. Or biscuits, if you prefer.
    Alas, the Hobnob Milk Chocos are no longer. I ate the remaining few chocolate side down as Feral Techie suggested, but I think he was just jerking my chain. They tasted just the same and the only difference I noticed was that I ended up with more chocolate on my fingers. MMmmm…chocolate fingers.

• anonymous[1]
    March 6, 2012 - 12:42 am | Permalink

Whew! I was afraid that we’d broken the site with all that biscuit discussion. But I see that at least your spam-magnet is still working, so that’s something.

• Morgan
    March 23, 2012 - 12:05 pm | Permalink

spam spam spam spam…
    Sigh.
    Do we have to *organize* another geek-rescue out to rural Wales to resuscitate Gigerpunk ?

• March 28, 2012 - 5:23 pm | Permalink

Gone quiet in here just as IT has been restored to life.
    Coincidence?
    Have you ever seen both sites in a room at the same time?

• Morgan
    April 10, 2012 - 12:24 pm | Permalink

I think bitbroken is a bit ‘bronken’…
    We should probably let that woman out now (the one we kept from the 3-wheeler advert?) Anyone even remember that now ??? I have to stop forming these emotional attachments to UKR-sourced blogs. They all break my heart eventually.

• Feral Techie
    April 10, 2012 - 1:27 pm | Permalink

I’m sure I have no idea what happened to her.
    No, that’s just the wind.

• Comments are closed.