"has worked and still works fine"

“hi guys you are bidding on a rear projection Toshiba 42 in telly”

No I’m not.
I’m looking, not buying.
Quite definitely not buying.

“i brought this”

Where did you bring it from and where was it brought to?

“for over 250”

Pounds?
Pesos?
Peanuts?

“around 5 years ago and has worked and still works fine”

Not only is it allegedly still working fine, it has also worked in the past.
Very handy, should you wish to travel back in time to watch anything.

“broken remote”

And that used to work?
Or has previously never worked?

“and the screen has a large crack”

That’s a bit personal, isn’t it?

“but still works”

Of course it does.

“and could easily have screen replaced or just used for parts or repair”

But why would you want to do that if, as you say yourself, it “still works fine”?

“welcome to come and have a look or call for more in fo altho i am a girl and not very clued up on telly info so best to come and have a look”

“Come up and see my large crack, it still works fine.”
Worst come-on line ever.
View Auction

7 Comments

• Feral Techie
    September 27, 2011 - 11:54 am | Permalink

“The large crack makes many programmes more interesting, particularly reality TV.”

• matt
    September 27, 2011 - 6:40 pm | Permalink

Now you have to change the name of the blog into “Has Worked Fine”.

• Bilal
    September 28, 2011 - 10:15 am | Permalink

She’s auctioning a broken telly which means her target audience are large, unsavoury TV repair men(with visible arse cracks when they crouch, naturally), she specifically states that she’s a girl, posts her mobile number for all and sundry, and THEN she recommends prospective bidders GO TO HER HOUSE and have a look?
    Let me put my rapist cap on for a second: She’s stating she’s a girl and knows nothing about televisions. That also means she probably doesn’t have a man around the house or else he’d have given her the specifications. If she does have a man, he’ll definitely be the type that uses product and face scrub and so could be incapacitated within seconds.
    Even better, the screen could be used as the requisite hard surface with which to render her unconscious. If the police arrive early, you can explain that the crack was already there and use the auction as evidence.
    Alas, it seems the auction has already ended, and at 99p. That’s 99p for the incapacitation of a metrosexual followed by sex with a real woman AND the perfect alibi.

• Bilal
    September 28, 2011 - 10:21 am | Permalink

Oh yeah, also:
    Based on her feedback, she seems to do a LOT of fishing for a girl.
    I smell a trap. I hope whoever won the bid managed to escape before Bubba jumped out from the shadows to show him what all the bits of his multi-screwdriver feel like.
    Up his arse.

• Feral Techie
    September 28, 2011 - 10:26 am | Permalink

Don’t you mean “up his large crack”?
    Yeah, victims don’t fall into one’s lap that easily (at least not without chloroform).
    Full postcode I notice. Wonder how the residents of Fentum Road (north side) feel about that?

• September 28, 2011 - 11:07 am | Permalink

Bloody hell Bilal, when did you escape?

• Bilal
    September 28, 2011 - 4:45 pm | Permalink

@Feral: Yep, that would’ve tied in well with the topic itself.
    @GP: I realised I have quite a bit of free time at work nowadays and started ploughing through sites I haven’t looked at for a while(incl. NUKR, IT and BB). Was thinking of posting something up here, seeing as D.Man was merciful and didn’t delete my login, but I’ve no idea where it would fit in amongst your positively sublime output 🙂

• Comments are closed.